Public Records Access
It is the policy of Pulaski Electric System to comply with the provisions of the Tennessee public records laws without causing undue interference with business operations of Pulaski Electric and without causing undue financial burden to Pulaski Electric ratepayers.
1. Pulaski Electric will allow inspection and/or copying of public records during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, by any citizen of Tennessee. Public records may not be immediately available for public inspection, and Pulaski Electric will retrieve filed or stored public records as reasonable under the circumstances.
2. Inspection and/or copying will be permitted under conditions that will prevent alteration or mutilation of the records.
3. Any record exempted from disclosure by law is not open to the public for inspection or copying.
WRITTEN OR NOTARIZED REQUEST
1. Citizens may request information in person or submit a notarized affirmation.
2. All requests for access to records must be in writing.
3. Proper identification will be required.
It is the policy of Pulaski Electric to recover, to the extent practical, its actual costs incurred in responding to requests under the Tennessee public records laws, subject to certain limited exceptions. These costs include, but are not limited to, actual costs incurred in retrieving filed or stored records, costs incurred in exhibiting and copying such records, and legal fees, if applicable.
The requesting party is required to deposit $10.00 with Pulaski Electric at the time the request is made. In the event that the requesting party makes a request that Pulaski Electric expects will result in actual costs in excess of $10.00, Pulaski Electric will provide the requesting party with an estimate of the actual costs likely to be incurred, and the requesting party will be required to pay the amount of the estimate as a deposit pending the production of the requested records. Upon the production of the requested records, such deposit will be reimbursed to the requesting party, minus Pulaski Electric’s charges for fulfilling the request.